Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Guest Post - The House That Built Us - Monogram Project

I'd like to welcome Jamie from The House That Built Us today to DIYbyDesign.

Hello DIY by Design readers!  My name is Jamie, and I'm visiting from The House That Built Us.   I am super excited to help out Judy while she's on a her Disney World vacation.  It really is the happiest place on Earth, and that cruise ship looks amazing!  Lucky girl!

While Judy's out, I wanted to stop by to talk about monograms.  It's no secret that I love love love monograms, especially single monograms.  I look for any excuse to throw a "C" into my projects (at least it's an easy letter!).  Just this week, I made this button monogram wall decor by stapling green burlap onto a canvas and gluing on the buttons.


I made a "C" out of Cheerios using a bird feeder recipe for a wreath for my son's birthday party a few weeks ago. 


Then I decided to jump on the coffee-filter bandwagon and made this monogram using a wire hanger. 

My sequin monogram is another one of my creations that added a touch of glam to my bedroom.


I would call it a mild obsession.

The reason that I love monograms is that it a sign of family solidarity.  Family is the most important thing to me, and I am such a proud wife and mother.  And I know I'm not alone.  I see monograms incorporated into so many projects and crafts across the blogosphere.  So keep up the good work, and show off your letters!

Thanks Jamie!

-Judy

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Really cute! I love monograms,too! I really love the button one- how cute is that! xo Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such creative ideas. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Susan Anderson said...

I think I like the buttons best, with the Cheerios a close second.

Creative, all!

=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...