Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Adding a Little Color

You know I have been working on trying to add a little color to our finished basement. 
 It seems to be a sea of brown and beige and it's time to lighten it up a bit.
I started by painting out of of the floor lamp between the two brown chairs last week.
I'm thinking a narrower, lighter color shade is in order now (you know how one thing leads to another).
I also think it's time to change up the drapes.
I saw this collection of fabrics at Calico Corners.
I just love these fabrics.  The good news is that Calico Corners is running a 25% off sale right now.
I am especially loving the big vibrant fabric they show on the sofa in this photo.  

I would use this fabric to make new drapes for this window.
I think this could really add some life to the basement and give me a great jumping off point to bring in even more color and maybe even find a new color for the walls.
What do you think?

DON'T FORGET TO STOP BACK TONIGHT AT 8PM EST 

FOR MY SIZZLE INTO SUMMER PARTY

-Judy
Pin It

8 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

As soon as I saw that print fabric I thought it would make for fab drapes, Judy! I look forward to seeing those and the rest of what you do for your basement refresher.

NanaDiana said...

I think I love the fabric! I even love it on that sofa! I have a hard time infusing color into my house, too. I used to have a LOT of color but find I am better with calmer colors for now. Funny, isn't it, how all of a sudden we feel the need for change? I LOVE your room, by the way- xo Diana

Debbiedoos said...

Oh I sure love that fabric Judy!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love that fabric. It is gorgeous and would be fabulous for drapes. Hugs, Marty

miss flibbertigibbet said...

Love that fabric! When Calico Corners has a sale it's always a good thing!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I was in Calico Corners a few weeks ago in Richmond...they do have the greatest fabrics "off the rack"....I truly get so much inspiration whenever I get the chance to go there!...I love the fabrics you presented!!

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

I love that fabric. I say go for it!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Just got your email about featuring my ruffled purse tonight. You're the best! I'm honored because I think a lot of you and your style. Thank you so much Judy! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...