Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easter Egg Cloche

Easter is still a few weeks away, but I decided it was time to start pulling out the decorations.  It makes Spring feel that much closer, even on a bitterly cold March day.
I pulled out the decoupaged eggs I made a few years ago.  Everything looks better in a cloche.  Before blogging I didn't even know what a cloche was.  Now I use cloches all the time in my home decor.
I filled my cloche with the decoupaged egg and some faux robins eggs.  I added a layer of raffia and then tulle.  I wrapped jute around the glass cloche and sewed on one of my crocheted flowers.
I then placed the filled cloche on a cake stand.
It still needed a little something so I layered on a few buttons onto the flower.
Just enough detail for my flower.
I placed the cloche front and center in my foyer. 
There's something very romantic about this look...don't you agree?
  Have you started to decorate for Easter yet?

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Winter Blues Wednesday party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.

-Judy

Pin It


Sharing with Savvy Southern Style

5 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Judy! I love your crocheted flower. The button in the center was a nice finishing touch for it, too. That snow you are anticipating is supposed to hit us later today into tomorrow. So much for the early Spring predicted for Ohio!

priscilla said...

Pretty ! Love the crocheted flower on your cloche !

Gina said...

That is such a lovely cloche! I love the crocheted flower.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is just gorgeous. I love it and the crochet flower is wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Milliscent Morgan said...

I decided to stop here and to leave my reaction to this blog. I'm impressed by the entire content and also to the lovely photo here on glass doors-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...