Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Throw and Pillow Tutorial using HGTV Fabric from JoAnn's

There's nothing better than opening your mailbox and finding a package from HGTV and JoAnn Fabric and Craft.  When they asked me to review their new HGTV fabric line, I jumped at the chance.
HGTV and JoAnn's generously sent me a yard of HGTV Checkered Past in Berry and a yard of HGTV Urban Blossom in Berry, as well as a yard of coordinating trim.
  Seriously, that's like Christmas to me!
These HGTV fabrics are gorgeous and scream Spring to me.  The Checked Past is an upholstery weight fabric.  It's really beautiful and would be great on a chair, or a pillow, or just about anything.  I decided that since it has such a gorgeous weight and feel to it, I would make it into a beautiful throw for the chair in my entryway.  
I started by folding the fabric under on the edge and then folding it again and pinning it.
I did this all the way around and then sewed it into place.  If you don't know how to sew, or simply don't want to, you can also use a fusible web that you iron on.
For the pillow,  I used the HGTV Urban Blossom in Berry.  My pillow form is made of down and measured 14"x22", but the finished pillow is approximately 13" x 21". 
I used the trim for the left and right side of the pillow, not all around.
Because I was folding the fabric over the pillow, I sewed the trim to the half-way point on the fabric.
I did the same on the other side and then turning right sides together I sewed the two edges with the trim.  I turned the pillow right side out and using invisible thread, I had sewed the bottom shut.

Here is one side of the pillow...
Here is the other.

I just love the colors of these fabrics.

It adds a gorgeous splash of color to my entryway.

There are so many other beautiful HGTV fabrics to choose from, but remember, they are only available at JoAnn Fabric and Craft, either in-store or online. Here is a coupon to help you out on your next purchase of HGTV fabric and trim.


Can't wait to hear what you think!

Don't forget to stop back tonight for my Swing into Spring party.


The party opens at 8pm EST.  Hope to see you then.


-Judy
Pin It

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Judy! The fabrics coordinate so well together, too. I love how the pillow and throw look on your chair. Very Springy looking and bright!

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I love the colors - I have been itching to sew something and you have inspired me :-)

Maria Elena said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous fabric! It looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

Super gorgeous!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous fabrics and you did a wonderful tutorial. Hugs, Marty

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful pillow Judy...I just went to JoAnn's last week to get fabric for my potting bench...they have some cute fabric!!!...love the colors..you are so right, they add a great pop of color!!

Ange said...

Judy the pillow and throw look fabulous! I always love to see what you are making with fabric.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...