Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Fabric Covered Clipboard and What I'll be Wearing

I had an old clipboard that my son had doodled all over years ago.  Rather than buy a new one, I thought it would be fun to cover it with fabric for my daughter to use.
I started with two coordinating fabrics I had in my fabric stash.  One of the fabrics was left over from when I recovered a chair I found in the attic for my daughter's room.
I traced around the clipboard leaving about a 1/2 inch all the way around.
Then using Mod Podge I glued the fabric onto the clipboard.
I then glued the excess fabric onto the back of the clipboard.
I then glued the coordinating fabric onto the back of the clipboard to give it a finished look.
It was at this point I wanted to cut away the fabric using my utility knife to expose the metal mechanism. However, I couldn't for the life of me find my utility knife.  So for now, I am leaving it covered.  It looks fine and still functions as it is supposed to.
Here is the finished product.  Super cute...and my daughter loved it!

Tomorrow the entire family is invited to a Bar Mitzvah for a close friend of the family.  I found this awesome dress and jewelry at White House Black Market.  
I had a tough time getting a decent photo, but hopefully you get the idea.  

Have a great weekend.

-Judy

4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the fabric you used on the clipboard, Judy. I used to see old clipboards all the time at garage sales, but haven't seen them in awhile. Love your dress!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The clipboard is so cute, what a creative idea. Love your dress. You will look beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Great necklace! Clipboard is super cute too!

Shannon Fox said...

Cute project.
KNOCK-OUT dress ;) So cute. Love the necklace too. Have fun!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...