Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Using Garden Stools in Home Decor

Happy Monday.  It was a beautiful weekend here.  
One of my decorating crushes that I have had for a while now is using garden stools in my home decor.
Garden stools are not only pretty to look at, they are very functional as well.  They make perfect side tables and can add color, texture and pattern to any room.

The latest addition to my garden stool collection is this beauty I picked up at Home Goods.  It is the perfect blue green color and I paid a fraction of the price I saw it for in a home decorating magazine.  It works perfectly next to the chair I picked up on Craigslist (the one where I painted the upholstery).

I love this zebra print stool I use in my home office. This might be my favorite one.



The one in my living room is so pretty and unique with it's butterflies all over.  The colors work perfectly with my living room.   


The one in my guest room was my first garden stool purchase.  It makes a perfect side table.


Image
So far I have only used garden stools as side tables.  I love the look of two in lieu of a coffee table.
Image
Metallics are hot right now and this gold garden stool makes a great statement.

Image
My friend Heather, from At The Picket Fence, created this gorgeous look using a garden stool under a side table.  I am swooning over this one.

Image




I know I'm in good company when Sarah Richardson uses garden stools in her rooms.  

How about you?
Do you own any garden stools?

Can't wait to hear.

Have a great day.

-Judy

Pin It


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. I live garden stools too! However, I use them in...get this...the garden! :)

I have tried to find the right spot for one or two in my tiny home, but no success. My 3 garden stools are all outside nestles among a tomato or holding a basket of flowers! I love yours, they are all gorgeous!

Hugs!

Unknown said...

I "love" is what I was trying to type! Have had my full cup of coffee yet this morning!

Much Ado About Somethin said...

I love garden stools too - I've never actually seen one outside though! Ha! :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Yes, I have two and I love them. I agree they are so versatile and so fun. Love that zebra one. Hugs, Marty

Gina said...

I don't have any garden stools, but after looking at all those pretty ones, I may need to get one!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I think I need a garden stool too. Those are all beautiful.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

I don't have any garden stools, but I sure love the orange ones. Love these ideas.

jelly andrews said...

I guess this inspires me to have garden stool too. Those are so beautiful. And I really love it. But are those garden stools made of ceramics?

Unknown said...

I love how these are used in all the examples! Very creative! Come by and link up at our wonderful wednesdays linky party! Its live now through Sunday! http://wonderfulathome.blogspot.com/2013/09/wonderful-wednesdays-linky-party-5-with.html
See you there!

Helen's Decor said...

Hi Judy, thanks for the great party. I'm with you on the garden seats! Love them...and word to anyone planning to buy one or many, if you see one you love, grab it and check out. I missed the exact one I was searching for many months. Let's say I was too stubborn to ask for help getting it to my car. Probably 9 months later I found one identical seat and nothing was going to keep me from getting it home that time. It's now on my back porch as planned!;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...