Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Guest Room Reveal

It's been a while since I've done a reveal.  
The guest room has been something I've been wanting to update for quite some time now.  

Let's take a trip down memory lane.  
This is where this room began.
About two and a half years ago I decided to do a mini update and wallpapered the wall behind the bed and painted the other three walls a custom color matched exactly to the background of the wallpaper.
The wallpaper is temporary wallpaper from Target.  I found it super easy to work with.  Just make sure all of your rolls are the same lot number.  I ripped up the wall to wall carpeting to reveal the hardwood floors beneath.  But the room still bothered me.  


I finally realized what needed to be done.  It was hard to pull the trigger, but I painted the furniture and replaced the iron bed with an upholstered bed.  
Painting the furniture made all the difference.  


There are a few projects in this room that I will blog about later, including painting the lampshade you see on the sewing table.  The sewing table is "new".  My best friend's father passed away and I was helping her clean out her childhood home.  She asked me a few days later if I had seen anything I might want.  This desk had caught my eye.   The desk is another project I will blog about in the coming weeks as well.  The new bedside lamps are from home goods.  They were basic lamps that I added ribbon to for a more custom look.


The drapes were changed out about a year ago in my effort to make the room come together.  Now they actually completely pull the room together.  You can see in the background a sneak peek into the bathroom makeover as well.

What a huge difference!

Can't wait to hear what you think.

Judy

Sources List:
Bed - Target (I bought it when it was on sale for 30% off)
Area Rug - Home Goods
Bedside Lamps - Home Goods
Neck roll, euro shams and small blue pillows - all DIY projects
Harlequin box and vase - DIY projects
Chair - craigslist find - you can read about how I transformed it here
Desk - friend gave it to me
Desk chair - recovered in fur fabric from JoAnn Fabric Store
Duvet - Home Goods
Coverlet - Target 




2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, it is amazing. The new bed and painted furniture made such a difference and it is stunning.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love, love the transformation of the room....truly beautiful and you did a magnificent job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...